Friday, October 15, 2010

Where have I been? 10/15/10

Oct 15, 2010

Wow! So where have I been?? Working out and eating healthy, of course! haha But seriously, my husband started chemotherapy last week, and it was a bit of a challenge on our family. I found I HAD to put a "to-do" list on my phone to make sure I kept my meals on a schedule and got my workout in. It wasn't always an ideal time of day, but just being disciplined to get a workout in when facing such a challenge (the drive to the hospital one-way can take an hour), I feel is an accomplishment! And I'm feeling GREAT! I have found Shakeology SO helpful this week in more ways than one! Stuck at the hospital during a meal or snack time? Just bring along Shakeology and a shaker cup, and I was good to go! I don't know how I would've made it last week without it! It helps keep me fueled as well, and that was a MUST! And I'm so glad they approved my husband to continue drinking Shakeology through his chemotherapy treatments because a couple of days that was ALL he could stomach. I can't explain how grateful we have been for that!

So how are my workouts going? GREAT! I moved on to Ramp it Up even before the 2nd week was over, and I was super excited about that! Next week I'll be moving on to Burn it Up! I hear it's quite a bit more intense than Ramp it Up, but I'm ready!! Not only am I seeing a difference in my physical appearance (my "love handles" are GONE! Yes!!!), but I just feel SO much better! I put my almost 3 year old on my shoulders today and walked around the house with her! Before I started this, I would have been feeling achey and sore the minute I lifted her up! What a blessing to be able to enjoy more fun time with the kids without being in pain! Good thing, too, because my six month old has wanted nothing but being held for the past few days! haha I even added him to my workout a couple of times! Try balancing a 15lb baby while doing lunges and squats! Woo hoo! Just the fact that I CAN do that had me pumped up! :) A good way to burn off a bit of steam, too, when stress comes in. And the Slim and Limber helps me relax at the end of a long day! I'm actually looking forward to my next measurement and weigh-in day, which will be October 20th! If I don't update before then, I will surely check in on here on that day!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the feedback, Julie! I really appreciate it! I didn't think to check how it operates in other browsers! I'm sorry you found it so frustrating, but thanks for being patient and hanging in there!

    Yes, my husband was able to drink Shakeology during chemo, and often it was all he COULD do to get any real nutrients. The chemo regiment he was on was one of the worst for nausea. If you have any other questions about it just let me know!

    ReplyDelete