Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Flexibility

Wow, I'm so behind! I'm still behind on my pushups challenge, but I'm catching up! I'm most definitely behind on updating on here! I'm so busy with life, business, etc. I'm actually in the process of downgrading this site for that reason as well! That post will have to wait for another day, though! :-)

I wanted to update on how things are going in my personal health and fitness world. As I mentioned, I'm still working on catching up on my pushups and I am still having a few issues with my neck, though, but nothing I can't work through! As far as my workouts with Turbo Fire I still have some days I have to modify, but it's definitely getting better! I'm still playing with our daily schedule to find the ideal workout time for me! I noticed late afternoon is definitely NOT my ideal as that seems to be my "down time." Even with the Energy and Endurance Formula I still feel a bit tired during that time frame! That's good to know, though, because it narrows it down a little more!

I got a new heart rate monitor because the kids did something to my other one that is beyond my being able to figure it out! I wanted to be able to see how my heart rate is particularly because I'm doing a cardio intensive program (and it's actually just good for me to know in general since I've had heart surgery) but also to monitor calorie burn so I can start tracking that again more sufficiently! I've noticed probably 90% or more of the workouts I'm above my "fat burning zone" and sometimes even above my "cardio zone." When it gets to 100% it just says "HIGH" haha Now that I can see what's going on it helps me to better gauge what I need to do as far as intensity. I think it was a wise decision to get another one!

One thing I have noticed besides my cardio obviously improving is my flexibility and posture! Posture is particularly a big deal for me! I have scoliosis in my lower back PLUS I tend to slouch. It's actually why they believe I have issues with my neck and tension headaches (it's been an ongoing problem, so although I did actually strain a muscle in my neck a couple weeks ago general neck pain is an ongoing problem). My husband is always on my case about slouching (as he should be!), but he said he's amazed and how much better my posture has been! He insisted on taking some photos of my posture as well as my flexibility improvement! I'm excited because I know it will ALL continue to get better! :-)

image



image

No comments:

Post a Comment